request message on start up

pete-290318 23:51 25 May 03

I've just been looking at a friends pc and on start up a request box appears asking
"please insert disk containing D\installs\paceeth\vtruck.exe
this is obviously a registry key left from a programme that has been taken off the pc.
I've done a similar regedit on my pc in the past but cannot remember which key section I found it in ..can anyone tell me which area of registry to look to save me going through thre whole of it and save some time.
thanks

woodchip 23:56 25 May 03

To remove follow these step's closely, go to start\find\files or folders type in the box paceeth click enter key delete all the entry's it finds with paceeth in it. Next go to start run type regedit and press enter, go to menu under edit click find in the box type paceeth and press enter it will bring up only one entry at a time, press delete key then click ok to confirm to go to next entry press F3 and delete do this until you get to the end of the registry. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING ELSE IN THE REGISTRY other than paceeth then reboot your computer. Print this off and follow it

otubby1 23:57 25 May 03

I know I may be stating the obvious but could you not go into search, type *.exe and find where the vtruck file is?

Just a thought in case you haven't been that route.

Zaxifone 23:58 25 May 03

Try Edit - Find in the registry editor...

Z.

Zaxifone 23:59 25 May 03

Man...too slow. Back to the Mavis Beacon I guess....

Z.

VoG™ 00:01 26 May 03

vtruck is related to NTL internet access. My understanding is that this is more of a hindrance than a help. Follow woodchip's excellent advice above to remove.

pete-290318 00:05 26 May 03

thanks woodchip and everybody ..I'll look at it again tomorrow and hopefully be able to tick resolve
cheers

pete-290318 19:03 26 May 03

thanks again folks
pc running ok now ..it turned out there was another problem with ntl dial up as well .
reinstall sorted that out

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…