Request

Bomberboy1943 19:37 25 Jan 05

I anm relitivley new to the new technology can you guys tell what firewire and mobo is or are thanks

AubreyS 19:40 25 Jan 05

Firewire is a type of cabling technology for transferring data to and from digital devices at high speed. Some professional digital cameras and memory card readers connect to the computer over FireWire. FireWire card readers are typically faster than those that connect via USB. Also known as IEEE 1394, FireWire was invented by Apple Computer but is now commonly used with Windows-based PCs as well.

Mobo is a term used for motherboard

Nellie2 19:41 25 Jan 05

mobo... short for motherboard

firewire; FireWire – A type of cabling technology for transferring data to and from digital devices at high speed. Some professional digital cameras and memory card readers connect to the computer over FireWire. FireWire card readers are typically faster than those that connect via USB. Also known as IEEE 1394, FireWire was invented by Apple Computer but is now commonly used with Windows-based PCs as well.

Not all my own words I'm afraid, I took the definition from click here

VoG II 19:41 25 Jan 05

Firewire click here

Mobo (motherboard) click here

johnnyrocker 19:42 25 Jan 05

mobo is generally used to describe motherboard and firewire is a very fast transfer port for data etc you could click here which you may find very helpful.

johnny.

johnnyrocker 19:42 25 Jan 05

still typing way too slow, must improve;))

johnny.

alB 19:45 25 Jan 05

Mobo is a shorter way of saying motherboard and firewire is a specific way of connecting certain peripherals to a computer, have a look at this website for some handy explanations of other frequently used sayings ...alB
click here

VCR97 19:47 25 Jan 05

This is quite a useful site for computing, electronics and more. click here

alB 19:47 25 Jan 05

Looks like I've got some way to go too !!! ;-)

johnnyrocker 19:51 25 Jan 05

yep, same as;)) wonder where they learned to type so fast

johnny.

2neat 19:54 25 Jan 05

tick the box then!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…