Reporting scam emails... Who to?

Simsy 08:29 27 Dec 04

Hi folks,

I hope Christmas was good to you all!

I have just turned on the PC for the first time in a few days and, amongst other stuff, I have received what is obviously a scam email.

The contents are below, and there are a number of clues as to why it is a scam;

Spelling mistakes,

I have no such account.

Clearing and Settlement Departament - Possible Fraudulent Transaction

We have strong reasons to believe that you have been the victim of a fraudulent transaction.

Nevertheless, this is a computer controled system and it may have flaws. So we only ask a couple of moments
from your time, to clarify this situation. Ignoring this message could cause serious consequences.

You must complete one of security tests/forms from below to clarify this issue.

1. Log In to your online banking account, review the transaction and pass Cardholder Authorization to stop it.

2. Download attached document ( Acrobat Reader / .pdf file ), complete the formulars, sign and send to key by fax.

Fax Number: (1)-877-865-3145

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and appreciate your assistance in helping us maintain the integrity of the entire KeyCorp system.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Please do not reply this mail. It is autogenerated and it will not be answered.
FDIC Insured

The reason for posting this is because it includes a phone number to fax to. (It appears to be a USA number). Presumeably this number can be traced to someone/somewhere if it's reportd to the correct folk.

Does anyone know an email address where I can forward this email for investigation?

VoG II 08:40 27 Dec 04

Hi Simsy

Try click here or a related page.

Valvegrid 08:43 27 Dec 04

If you have no such account then its a scam. You are probably one of millions that have received this and only the people that have a account should report it: click here

Otherwise send it into the electronic fog were all this type of emails belong.

Simsy 22:31 27 Dec 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…