Reporting email abuse

Midsman2005 11:52 15 Jun 06

Dear Forum,

A female friend of mine bought an item on Ebay and for some unknown reason the person who sold it to her has been sending her abusive emails for the last few months. Even though the Ebay transaction went perfectly well. I can only assume this person is some sort of nutcase.

She has not replied to these emails, but they have just not given up and she gets another one every couple of days. I wont tell you whats in them, but lets say they are not very nice.

She is getting worried because this person obviously knows where she lives.

We tracked the IP address of the emails to Blueyonder using a reverse whois and emailed their abuse email address. However, this was months ago and we have had no response from them despite sending yet another email to their abuse email address.

We have also informed Ebay who have also done nothing.

What else can we do?!?

Thanks.

Genius1 11:59 15 Jun 06

First of all, you could block the email address if your email program allows you to do this. This will prevent your friend from having to see the emails.

SANTOS7 11:59 15 Jun 06

click here
this may help,good luck..

SANTOS7 12:01 15 Jun 06

You can, but then they sort of get away with it, if there is genuine cause for complaint these people must be named and shamed...

Midsman2005 12:03 15 Jun 06

Unfortunately she cant block the email address, which is a shame.

I'll have a look at that website in more detail later.

To be honest, if it was me I would call my local police station....as it must be illegal to harrass someone like this...and this person is in the UK and easily traced.

It really might be coming to that I think as this is getting out of hand....and the emails are getting more threatening all the time.

Genius1 12:07 15 Jun 06

SANTOS7, blocking the email address would have been a start - as you rightly say, furthur action would be a good idea. Midsman2005, it's a shame that your friend can't do this. Maybe giving the local police station a call may be an option...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…