Reply-to address wrongly entered-how do I correct?

leslito 22:41 11 Jun 03

I recently discovered that my "return to" address in Outlook Express is incorrect and so people who reply using the button get their messages bounced back at them. I searched the computer and eventually found a file, USER.DAT, which contained the mistakes. I used Wordpad to edit the file and had a bad hour or two when my computer seemed to regress a couple of years and I had to dig out/download various driver files. I had copied the USER.DAT file and restored it, but at start up the computer still looks for various files from Norton Anti-Virus which I don't use any more and I have to press the good old any key to get things to load.
So: is there any way of editing the "return to" address? What can I do about the problems re the computer expecting to find files which are no longer there?

jazzypop 22:56 11 Jun 03
  beeuuem 22:56 11 Jun 03

In OE go to 'Tools'> 'Accounts' select the account you want to change. Click on Properties and at the bottom of the 'General' page you can change the reply address.

beeuuem 22:57 11 Jun 03

A dead heat!

leslito 06:55 12 Jun 03

Embarrassingly obvious, now that you have pointed it out!
Any takers on part two?
The win.ini or system registry files give the computer instructions to look for a few files related to Norton AntiVirus, which I no longer use, and wait until I press a key before going ahead with start up. Do I dare start fiddling here?

Valvegrid 07:20 12 Jun 03

For starters, go to Start>Run and type msconfig in the box. When the window opens click the start tab and untick any program that you know you don't have anymore, but don't touch Systray or Explorer. Here a couple of programs that will help with the registry, the first one you will have to cut and paste removing the space after the http://

http:// download.com.com/3000-2094-881470.html?tag=list

click here

click here

wholesale handbags 11:08 16 May 11

This beautifully designed white designer handbags was conceived and crafted in Italy. Very charming and stylish for any occasion. There are a limited number of pieces available for this wholesale handbags, so don't lose your chance to own one of the most sought-after cheap designer handbags to your personal collection. wholesale designer handbags new with tags, 93%-cotton, 7%-elastane?Welcome to our discount designer handbags store. Have a good day.cheap handbags for you !

lotvic 11:56 16 May 11

wholesale handbags is SPAMMER, hopefully FE will look at his Profile and delete all of his posts

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…