Replacing/ repairing D-Link Wireless router

Pegis00 11:34 03 Aug 05

I have been accessing the internet for around 18 months using a D-Link wireless router Model DI-514 (ver B1)which is now an obsolete model.Up until recently it has been trouble free. I now find the signal is intermitently dipping out. I can go several days trouble free then have a day when its constantly losing its signal. I have decided it is the router that is at fault as if I give it a shake when its playing up it usually works ok for an hour or so afterwards. I doubt it is something that can be repaired but please tell me different if you know otherwise. My real question is about replacment. Is there likely to be compatiblilty problems with my wireless card if I replace with a newer version of their router? Without removing the wireless card I have in my pc I am not 100% sure what model it is but I do know it is a D-link one which was purchased at the same time as the router. Can anyone suggest the most cost effective way forward on this issue for me please?
Thanks Peg

Pegis00 11:36 03 Aug 05

If anyone knows of anything else I can check to ensure it IS the router that is at fault then all information will be gratefully recieved! Thanks

Pegis00 13:15 03 Aug 05

I have now taken my wireless card out of my pc to find the model and it is a:
there are numerous other numbers and details on there but I feel certain that this is the relevant bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…