Replacing a PC Battery

s99Raj 19:17 04 Jul 04

I've just replaced a PC battery for a friend because he kept losing the correct time,for example, and certain programs, such as Word, wouldn't open.

I replaced the battery and those thnigs are now OK but he now can't log onto the Internet. he keeps getting "page unavailable". I'd changed nothing on the PC, just the battery. Does changing a battery like this lose Internet settings? I've tried reinstalling AOL 9.0, which he had but that hasn't helped.

What else should I look at?

Cook2 20:06 04 Jul 04

Check to see if you accidently knocked the modem card. It doesn't take much to dislodge it slightly. Been there, done that. |:(

€dstowe 20:10 04 Jul 04

- - - - and the other cards and removables. As Cook2 says, doesn't take much.

jonnytub 20:16 04 Jul 04

has he paid his bill ? (just kidding, but many a time have i tried to fix a friends internet connection only to find that the bill hasn't been paid)

rickf 20:32 04 Jul 04

Is the isp down at the moment? Could something as simple a that.

keith-236785 21:31 04 Jul 04

check the bios settings if it is an integrated modem (built into motherboard), changing the battery might have reset the bios to default settings and disabled the modem in the bios.

enter the bios and check all the settings are right.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…