Replacing Outlook.pst on laptop from desktop

compumac 14 Dec 11

I have had this problem in the dim and distant past and cannot remember how I got around it. I have Microsoft Outlook on two PC's and I wish to copy over the Desktop Outlook.pst and thereby its content onto my laptop and replace its existing Outlook.pst.

I seem to remember some extreme problems when I did this before,as I accessed the secondary Outlook whilst still in the primary Outlook and caused myself some grief. I also have in the past deleted the file to be replaced and then copied its replacement in its place.

So am posing the qustion as to the easiest/best way of doing this to save racking my brains about something that happened years ago when I last did it.

KRONOS the First 14 Dec 11

This any help. Click here.

compumac 14 Dec 11

Chronus Thanks for prompt reply. Have only just solved my problem. I keep notes on everything (almost everything) that I do on my PC's with a complete history so that in the event of a problem that I know I had years before I have a crib sheet somewhere. I renamed the target Outlook.pst as outlook.old and directed Outlook to the new files location and it works as I wanted. So much for memory - write down simple things as it is those that baffle you in later rears.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message