Replacing Norton Internet Security2011

JF25 15:15 PM 07 Jun 11

My Norton I.S.2011 expires next week and I have been given a new copy of 2011. I thought all I had to do was to uninstal the present programme and install the new copy but this does not seem to work. I used the Norton uninstall tool and restarted the computer. I then put the disk in the drive, got a message to choose install but after that I got a dialog box for Epson appear which I cancelled. After this there was nothing so I went to the disk file contents and ended up installing my previous programme. I was surprised as I was not asked for the product key. Will I have to wait till the programme expires before trying to install the new disk. Perhaps the problem is that it is the same programme although a different disk and Norton want me to renew the existing one which will cost me and as I have got this brand new unused disk I do not want to do that. Any suggestions welcome.

KremmenUK 15:23 PM 07 Jun 11

You can leave your current Norton as is and simply enter the new serial number which will extend it for another year = no need to uninstall it first.

JF25 16:56 PM 09 Jun 11

Thank you for your reply kremmanuk I got Norton talk to fix it for me yesterday. Sorry your email went into my spam folder so I did not see it till today John

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites