replacing my harddrive with a ssd drive

acein1 10:04 27 Feb 15

ive got a Samsung 850 pro 256gb ssd I want to install as my (c) drive and use my original h/d as second drive windows 7 (no disk) I do have a macrium reflect image on my external drive ??? a bit of tech advice needed. step by step please

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:39 27 Feb 15

would suggest that a clean install of windows is done to the SSD

and your programs reinstalled to the second drive (you could install to exactly the same folders they now occupy on that drive). This reestablishes the programs requirements in windows registry.

A clean install will ensure that windows is running as fast as possible on your new drive.

acein1 14:12 27 Feb 15

thanks for your reply,but like I said I don't have a windows 7 disk so ? how do install windows to my ssd drive.

?/? how do I copy my saved image on my external drive to the new ssd drive

daxian 15:27 27 Feb 15

hi ...the samsung comes with migrate/clone software, use it if you can may mean removing a lot of clutter on your original drive to get it down to the right size to fit your ssd ... otherwise borrow a win 7 disk and do a clean install on the ssd (best option)

acein1 16:08 27 Feb 15

thank you both will see how I get on

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:43 27 Feb 15

as long as you have a product key you can download a win 7 iso from here

bumpkin 22:15 27 Feb 15

As suggested a clean instal on the SSD, You can still retain your existing HDD, you will be amazed at the difference in performance with an SSD.

rdave13 22:30 27 Feb 15

As it's Windows 7 make sure you have AHCI enabled in bios before a fresh install.

Good find *Fruit Bat /\0/* , though haven't tried the download.

A handy guide here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…