//some 3rd party need geo

replacing a dvd drive

JACC 15:56 26 Oct 04

can you please give me tips on what i should do to replace a dvd drive .

Completealias 16:05 26 Oct 04

If you want to replace an internal drive it simply a matter of:

Crack open the case

Take anti static procautions(either anti static wrist strap or leave plugged in but turned off and have a body part touching the case)

Remove the leads from the back of the old one and remove drive (note how the leads go)

Slide in new drive

The power cable will only go in one way so put this in first. You should see on your IDE cable that it has a red flash down one side, put this in so its next to the red lead on the power cable.

Then if you've got a lead to connect the drive to your sound card put this in this will normally only go one way too.

Close up the case and reboot

Job Done

Hope that helps

ventanas 16:21 26 Oct 04

Not quite: Note the jumper settings on the back of the old drive and make absolutely sure the new one is set to the same - either master, slave or cable select.

The IDE cable will also only go in one way because of a lug at the top, so you can't get this wrong. If you are running XP the lead to the sound card should not be necessary.

JACC 19:53 26 Oct 04

do i have to disable the old device first.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:57 26 Oct 04

Build your own PC
Videos click here
Info click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…