Replacing CMOS Bty - Fuji Amilo A1640

Technotiger 08:30 25 Apr 10

Hi All - I am visiting a friend up in Cheshire next week (I am on South Coast) and have promised to fit new CMOS battery. I don't have Service Manual, but am I correct in guessing that the circular 'porthole' with screw shown beneath it, on underside of laptop is the access point to CMOS battery? Also am I correct in saying CMOS Bty, CR 2032?

click here

TIA - TT.

Taff™ 09:00 25 Apr 10

No - That`s the Bass Loudspeaker. click here and you`ll find the basic manual with a little searching and the PDF manual labels it as such.

Technotiger 09:06 25 Apr 10

Many thanks - I thought that would be too easy to be true!!

So I will have to try and find a download for the Service Manual. Unfortunately, I have already tried the site you suggested, but without any joy.

Thanks again anyway.

Taff™ 09:27 25 Apr 10

I`ve had a good look for the Service Manual but no joy either. Will look back later for you.

Technotiger 09:29 25 Apr 10

Thanks again - afraid it looks as if I will have to go into the lappie blind-folded!

Sea Urchin 11:49 25 Apr 10

This seems to be a 66 page user manual for the A1640 - got it from Taff™'s link above. Can't post it as it reverts to the basic link

click here

Sea Urchin 11:50 25 Apr 10

Well - it did post OK. Is that the one you've seen? And maybe you need an actual service manual.

Sea Urchin 12:01 25 Apr 10

A couple of other possible links

click here

click here

Technotiger 12:20 25 Apr 10

Hi, many thanks for your efforts - yes, I have seen/tried those links, the first one looked promising but would not work? When I tried to navigate through that Fuji site (same one you did), each time I just ended up with a more or less blank page, although it said 'Done' at the bottom.

Technotiger 12:30 25 Apr 10

Not resolved, but having searched for hours and got nowhere, (I have searched on previous occasions for this same Service Manual, in vain) I will give this one the Green-tick.

Thanks my Friends for your efforts - I will keep looking anyway.

Sea Urchin 12:31 25 Apr 10

Yes, they all seem to be dead ends - I found another one which also looked promising, but the "user manual" turned out to be a ten line description of the laptop.

I've got the 66 page manual from the Fujitsu site, but it doesn't go into technical specs.

I seem to remember you were repairing a laptop a while back, and had initial problems finding the CMOS battery - they always seem to be well hidden in laptops - but I'm sure you'll be successful again this time in Cheshire.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…