Replacing CD writer with DVD writer

terryr48 15:37 31 Jul 04

If I want to replace my cd writer with a dvd writer is it just a case of removing one for another and can anybody recommend a decent dvd writer? Thanks

pj123 15:52 31 Jul 04

Technically, yes. Just make sure the DVD jumpers are set the same as the CD/RW jumpers. I have the LG Multi Format DVD/RW (I think it is the 4080 but has new been superceded) No problems with it and no coasters either.

pj123 15:54 31 Jul 04

Here's a link for you.

click here

stalion 15:55 31 Jul 04

you might want to think about a dual layer dvd burner as these are now available

woodchip 16:05 31 Jul 04

the jumper is on the end of the drive normally about 6 pins with two covered with a jumper, this is normally set to master jumper on a new drive ,set it to slave if it's on the same ribbon cable as your hard drive check the old drive jumper, on the top of the drive there is a small diagram on the jumper settings. And set it to the same settings, as above check the diagram as they may be different.

woodchip 16:07 31 Jul 04

PS check RED wire on OLD drive, these should go toward each other, power and ribbon cable red wire face toward each other

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…