a replacement for wintv go

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 00:09 25 Feb 05

i brought wintv go but it keeps causing my comp to freeze, so i d/l'ed showshifter 3.10 [which somehow stops it crashin??]but it was a trial which has now run out, i tried versions 1. & 2.01
but they will only record to some strange format called ssf but when the encoder kicks in to convert to AVI the programme then crashes, which i dont think they fixed till version 3.01

so do you know of a FREE app that will allow me to watch TV and record from video & encode straight to avi or divx like showshifter did?
cos im now stuck with A capture card but a useless capture programme. :hmmm:

€dstowe 08:20 25 Feb 05

Have you contacted Hauppauge about the incompatibility of their product with your computer?

Look on the box or warranty sheet for their address and telephone number. You can even get to speak to an engineer.

CHRoNÏÇ DÂWG 23:16 25 Feb 05

they just advise you to dowload the early free version of showshifter, but thats prett crap as well, it cant convert to avi or divx properly if at all, i tried the latest version of showshifter 3.10 thats great, but my trials run out and im a student who cant afford even the special sale offer of £30, so if you know of a FREE terrestrial tv capture prog,
please tell me,
im waiting here,

Thanx CD

Technotiger 23:31 25 Feb 05

Hi, hope this works -

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos