Replacement for Speedtouch 585i Wireless Router

Border View 21:21 25 Mar 08

I recently purchased a D-Link Wireless router to replace my 3Com. Very disappointed with the D-Link performance.

A Thompson Speedtouch 585 has been recommended as being very stable for someone who is quite a distance for the Exchange.

I've done various searches, but it would appear that the 585 is no longer available. Can anyone recommend a replacement for the 585.

Dipso 21:49 25 Mar 08

Hi Barmoor, I've only just figured out how to get back on here!

I got my Speedtouch from click here They are B grade but are like new. They aren't showing as available just now but they may be doing a stock take, if you ring them they may actually be in stock.

I don't know how you feel about Ebay but there a few knocking around on there too.

I notice they have brought out a v7 version click here. but I can't vouch for this as I don't know anyone who has tried it out yet.

Border View 11:01 26 Mar 08

Problem solived. Been onto Zen this morning (my ISP) and they came up trumps. New Speedtouch 585 due to arrive tomorrow or Friday. Plus I get their technical support.

Dipso 16:59 26 Mar 08

Excellent! Post back with your findings.

Border View 23:39 27 Mar 08

As mentioned in my other post my speedtouch arrived today 24 hours after ordering from Zen. Following installation sync speed returned to 2496 straight away. Obviously the D-link not too hot on long distance from exchange. Its going back to Argos tomorrow.

Will post again after about a week to let you know what actual download speeds I achieve.

woodchip 23:51 27 Mar 08

Just posted you in other Forum

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant