replacement PSU

finerty 06:52 07 Jan 13

Hi PCA people, I think my power supply is on the way out making humming noises. Since its an old computer dating back to 2008, I was wondering do you have any suggestions. The one I'm using is a CWT - (Channel Well Technology) Model Number PUFP255P

I have tried looking for a exact replacement but i cant find one. I be grateful for any compatible PSU's i could use.

Many thanks

Chronos the 2nd 09:04 07 Jan 13

Just looks like a cheapo ATX PSU according to this. So This would do.

onthelimit1 09:05 07 Jan 13

Assuming a standard ATX tower, pretty much any PSU with the same or higher rating would do. Don't go for the cheapest, but no need to pay silly money either. I don't have a prefered manufacturer, but I'm sure someone will come along who has.

onthelimit1 09:06 07 Jan 13

Cross posted with Chronus. Personally, I'd prefer to pay a bit more as I've found the lower end to be a bit noisy.

Chronos the 2nd 10:02 07 Jan 13

I would never buy a cheapo PSU but for an old PC then I see little point in paying for a branded PSU.

Chronos the 2nd 15:38 07 Jan 13

thuhai9. Spam

finerty 22:32 08 Jan 13

Thanks for your suggestion Chronos the 2nd. I be ordering it soon, when i looked at the cwt psu its total wattage 295 watts, its kinda of crazy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…