Replacement laptop dvdrw or cdrw/dvd drives???

Schvenn 21:20 04 Mar 06

Hi, thanks for reading this!

Ok so here's my dilemma ...

My fujitsu~siemens laptop's cdrw/dvd drive has given up the ghost after much use. I am looking to buy a replacement drive for it but am really struggling to find suitable drives on the internet ... and am also unfamiliar with laptop components in general so am unsure if there is specific models I can/can't use. Can anyone help me with this? I would preferably like to upgrade to a dvd-writing drive but AM on a bit of a budget so would be happy without. The laptop is a fujitsu~siemens 'amilo' series.

Cheers to anyone who can help me!

Steve

Tim1964 22:16 04 Mar 06

Have a look on ebay and enter the name of the PC in the search box.
Also the manufacturers site will have the actual part number of the drive you are after. This can also be entered into ebay for a more specific result.

ade.h 22:30 04 Mar 06

AFAIK, any laptop optical drive will fit; they just slot in. I had to change one recently and the one that I bought fitted fine. click here

Softstag 23:23 04 Mar 06

This is not correct. There are several types of drive, not all are compatable with all systems.

Another oprion is to go external; at least you will know it's compatible and you won't need to go inside the laptop!

ade.h 23:28 04 Mar 06

Well I did say AFAIK!

Have you got any info on the different configurations?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…