Replacement laptop battery

Spark6 11:43 07 Dec 10

I need a replacement battery for my Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop. The existing battery is a Toshiba Li-ion battery. Model No. PA3465U-BRS. PABAS069. 10.8 volt 4000mAh.

I received one from an Amazon market place dealer yesterday but I have returned it because it was of a slightly different design and would not fit.

Googling the above information landed me in a couple of unsavoury sites that I would never trust. I'm looking for a reliable supplier and would welcome any recommendations.

mooly 11:58 07 Dec 10

Never ordered myself but,
click here

Info. probably a bit old now.
click here

Spark6 14:33 07 Dec 10

Your first link sounds promising, at least the supplier has a London address and tel. number. There are 3 batteries listed with the correct battery part number but have varying dimensions and capacities. The higher capacity would be the most attractive but will it fit the laptop?

The second link refers to the recall of Sony manufactured units which constituted a fire risk, if my memory serves me correctly. My unit is not one of those.

Thanks for your interest.

Spark6 23:24 07 Dec 10

Although the first link has a UK addy, together with a London address, the Help addy has a .com address and I'm still awaiting a response to a query!
I welcome a recommendation for a supplier with a known track record.

mooly 07:26 08 Dec 10

No reply, but that's less than 12 hours after I posted the link though... not sure I would expect a reply in that time tbh.

Apart from what might be a shock with cost there's always Toshiba.

A company I have dealt with is Laptopsdirect but I don't think they listed yours on the website, maybe worth a call non the less,
click here

Think you have to give it 48 hours or so if they need to research your question.

Spark6 09:17 08 Dec 10

Still no response! My query was simply regarding the fact they listed 3 batteries of different capacities and physical sizes of the model I'm looking for.

I'm waiting for Laptops direct to credit my card as the battery they supplied was the wrong physical size. This is becoming a bit of a nightmare.

mooly 13:20 08 Dec 10

You have to give them 24/48 hours.

Providing they have all the info on the battery I would have thought it should be identifiable.

Your number in your original post has BRS in it.

Ones in searches come up 1BRS... any significance?

Scroll down and this also has the "1" in it.

click here

Spark6 14:14 08 Dec 10

Many thanks for your interest. Before lunch I contacted another supplier on the Amazon site, batteries4less.co.uk who ticked all the right boxes as far as I could see.

I have ordered a battery from them but I'll leave this thread open until I receive it.

mooly 16:22 08 Dec 10

That sounds promising... let us know how it works out.

skeletal 16:27 08 Dec 10

Buying replacement laptop batteries appears to be a minefield. Getting on for two years ago I ordered one from “Power Battery”, which turns out to be Espow.

Now check this out:

click here

And look at the phone numbers:

click here

click here

There were a few hiccups, but I did get a battery in the end and it has lasted nearly two years (and still going). It has never quite seemed to have the capacity it is supposed to have, but I’ve not tested it properly. Also, due to a Windows bug, just after I installed it, the laptop remained switched on in its bag for over an hour which meant it got incredibly hot, the absolute worst thing you can do to a Li-ion battery.

So I’m in two minds.

Caveat emptor!

Skeletal

Spark6 20:33 10 Dec 10

I collected the battery this morning from the local parcels office, the postie left a card yesterday afternoon even though we were at home, another sore point, and it appears to be a genuine replacement from a reliable supplier.

The instructions with the battery included the message 'Thank you for shopping with Batteries 4 Less, if you were happy with our service please recommend us to your friends and family, if not tell us'. As their telephone number and email addy is included on the invoice I am quietly confident and shall close this thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…