Replacement ink cartridges problem

yattonharrytoo 16:40 11 Apr 06

Hi,
Can anyone help please? I have replaced the ink cartridges in my Epsom Stylus C80 with compatible ones, well that is what the package on these Tesco ones say. I have the correct numbers etc., printer was working fine, then ran out of ink. I replaced them and now all I can get is a message saying that they not recognised by the printer and show images of empty cartidges. I feel that if I have these in correctly there should be no problem at all.

I also feel slightly irritated that a manufacturer can play silly games like this. If I pay the money to buy their machine, then I should be able to do what I like with it afterwards.

Thanks.

wobbly76 16:55 11 Apr 06

Are you able to print with the replacements, you will probably need to buy a chip resetter.
This will tell you the cart. has ink.
w76

yattonharrytoo 17:02 11 Apr 06

No I cannot print at all. It said something about the ink jets could not -dunno - let the ink through or something. Maddingly I need something printed very shortly too.

pj123 17:46 11 Apr 06

I would think that you have not installed these ink cartridges correctly.

If they are compatible cartridges you shouldn't need a chip resetter.

Did you remove the yellow strip before installing?

I have always used compatible cartridges on both my Epson printers from Choice Stationery and have never had any problems.

Do you have a link to the Tesco page for Ink cartridges?

yattonharrytoo 14:50 12 Apr 06

Many thanks pj123,
My husband took a look at this problem for me today and found as you said that I had not removed some tabs which stopped the whole thing working.

I had taken off the yellow strips, but there are also little plastic plug things too, that you have to remove.

Now no problems. So thanks for help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac