Replacement graphics card

Diodorus Siculus 23:15 21 Sep 04

The fan on my graphics card is failing and I replaced it. At present I have a GeForce Mx440 64mb card.

I think it is best to replace the card now that it has done 3 years of faithful service (and I can put it into a second machine).

Can anyone suggest a card that will do the same as this one does - i.e play the odd DVD and run ok with the current system without needing replacing drivers etc if that wil be possible (and be as cheap as possible - I don't play games). The drives that I have now are stable and I don't want to upset a perfect Win2k SP4 install image.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Simon_P 00:44 22 Sep 04

click here
it will probably use same drivers but would recomend you uninstall old drivers before installing nwew card.

Sion 00:59 22 Sep 04

I always say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it ! why don't you just buy the same card again.

click here for the same card £30 inv shipping i believe. Same card, but this one does not have a fan ! only has a heatsink to keep it cool, so you don't haev to worry about your fan failing on you again.

I've used this card in a few systems i have built for people. It's cheap, reliable, and also good for the occasional game. I don't think you can go wrong.

Diodorus Siculus 06:41 22 Sep 04

Thanks for those - I will see where it gets me and tick when a new one is in.

SEASHANTY 20:41 22 Sep 04

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…