Replacement dor Picture It

Trikie 13:10 06 Jun 10

I had Picture-It on my 7 year old PC and loved it.It did the very simple things I needed - cropping, changing picture size, deleting red-eye (basic but good enough) and adding text to pictures - without having to use a more complex programme.

I've loaded it onto a replacement new PC (XP with SP3) and although I can import a picture it crashes as soon as I try to do anything. Is there any other equally basic and easy to use programme available?

Trikie 13:11 06 Jun 10

Oops - my doors are all OK - no double glazing offers please!

Sea Urchin 13:27 06 Jun 10

You need to download a Microsoft patch to enable PictureIt to work properly in XP.

Close all programs (including PictureIt) and download the patch from here - save it to the desktop

click here

Double click the .exe file you have downloaded, and let it run. Then restart PictureIt and hopefully it will work.

This patch only works with Windows XP.

Trikie 16:03 06 Jun 10

Thanks Sea Urchin. The patch allows me to open and download and edit a picture but as soon as I click File or Print it freezes. Has done this several times so it looks like it's a permanent problem which is a shame.

Back to an alternative programme?

Demora 19:23 06 Jun 10

Try PhotoPlus SE.

click here

I don't know how good it is but most of Serif Software seems to work pretty well.

Will probably need registering. Do this on line not buy phoen.

D

woodchip 19:47 06 Jun 10

Have you tried changing the Program, so it runs in Compatibility mode?

Sea Urchin 20:19 06 Jun 10

Another thing you can try - which has worked for others. Right click on the PictureIt icon and select Properties - go to Compatibility tab and select Run this program in compatibility mode. Pick Windows 98 (yes - Win98) and apply and OK.

Trikie 21:55 06 Jun 10

Thanks everyone.I tried the compatability to Window 98 but no joy. Then tried Windows 2000 and Eureka.

Once again the forum to the rescue.

Sea Urchin 22:32 06 Jun 10

That's great - various users of PictureIt had failed when trying compatibility with Win2000 but then succeeded with Win98 - so I suggested trying that first. Trust me to select the wrong one :@)

woodchip 10:41 07 Jun 10

at least it got it working

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…