Replacement CPU fan and heatsink

iqs 19:17 23 Nov 08

Hello.

I am looking to replace the current fan and heatsink.

I have a Foxconn 946GZMA/946PLMA MB fitted with a Intel 6600 2.4GHz Dual Core.

There are many different models and types available,I'm looking for one that does not require the MB to be removed to attach the fitting kit,and preferably under £30.

What do you recommended please.

Thank you

MCE2K5 19:37 23 Nov 08

This click here is the one I have just had fitted to my Q6600 £25.00 fitted in shop.

I am Spartacus 19:38 23 Nov 08

If you get a good one then the Xigmatech S1283 is up there with the best click here The problem is that the bases aren't always perfectly flat, after saying that they still give good results.

Alternatively the Arctic Cooler Freezer is rated by some click here I found it average and noisy when overclocking but adequate at stock speeds.

citadel 19:56 23 Nov 08

I fitted the new arctic cooling freezer extreme and it was easy, no mb removal.

I am Spartacus 19:58 23 Nov 08

My link to the ACF was the for the low profile version. Full height version at click here

iqs 20:01 23 Nov 08

Thanks for all you recommendations,its appreciated.

Prior to posting this thread ,I was looking at the fan/heatsink that MCE2K5 suggested.I was wondering about the 4-pin PWM connector ,my MB only has a 3pin connection.

Will also have a look at the ones suggested by I am Spartacus and citadel.

Cheers

MCE2K5 20:39 23 Nov 08

Did your cpu 9Q6600) have the stock Intel cooler on it, If so that also has a 4 pin connector.

I read on a forum somewhere about the Silent 775D cooler, that it will work with 3 pins.

Just found this click here post #3.

MCE2K5 20:41 23 Nov 08

Sorry about that, Missed the Shift key.

Should Read '(Q6600)'.

iqs 22:37 23 Nov 08

Hi MCE2K5,

It was supplied with the stock cooler,will double check the MB connection tomorrow,thank you for helping.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…