Replacement CD from my ISP

wee eddie 18:56 12 Apr 03

I am just about to format and reload all my software.

The question is:

Should I try to obtain a new Installation disk from my ISP? Easily available from assorted magazines, or directly from the ISP

I have been with my ISP (I do not plan to change supplier) for more than two years and had a RNAAPP problem with the ISP's software but know how to solve it now. However I am sure that the latest disk has much improved products.

Forum Editor 19:15 12 Apr 03

dial up connection just as easily.

All you need are the dial up number and your username and password. Use the "make new connection" wizard and let Windows do the rest. Unless there are some unusual aspects to your ISP's authentication requirements it will work perfectly.

Make a shortcut for the connection on your desktop and click on it to connect. You can launch Internet Explorer separately, once you're connected, or you can configure it to launch automatically.

pj123 21:02 12 Apr 03

Further to what the FE said also make sure you know what your ISPs POP3 addresses are. Some are pop.etc for incoming and smtp.etc for outgoing and some are mail.etc for both and again some are pop3.etc for incoming

Because I have to reset a lot of peoples internet and email connections I have a list of some of the most common ISPs POP3 addresses so if you get stuck let me know.

wee eddie 21:32 12 Apr 03

To take IE6 from this months issue and thats about all.

I am running 98se and will be starting from an IBM Recovery disk.

I plan to install all the windows updates. I gather that I will be able to find copies of these in my "temp" files after installation. If this is correct I shall burn them to a CD and save myself hours next time something I can't sort out, goes wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…