Replacement Battery for Aspire 9300

happybigjohn 14:41 PM 08 Jun 11

I have an Acer Aspire 9300. The battery no longer keeps its charge. It is 11.1v and 4000m/Ah, whereas most of the replacements on offers are 14.4v and 4400m/Ah. Would using the more powerful battery cause me any problems please?

northumbria61 14:53 PM 08 Jun 11

This should answer your query - link text

happybigjohn 14:56 PM 08 Jun 11

Thanks - I had seen this web site and that's why I ask the question about using a more powerful battery - the one on offer is 14.4v whereas mine is 11.1V

northumbria61 15:02 PM 08 Jun 11

It appears that the "more powerful" one that you mention is also compatible with the 9300 and therefore shouldn't cause any problems. link text Both come with a 1 yr Warranty

birdface 15:09 PM 08 Jun 11

Not sure if this is correct or not.If so maybe try elsewhere.

link text

northumbria61 15:14 PM 08 Jun 11

The 2 LINKS I have supplied are both in the UK so should have no problem.

Ian in Northampton 15:16 PM 08 Jun 11

Buteman: in my experience, the large majority of non-original-manufacturer batteries come from Chinese companies, whether that's immediately apparent from their web site or not. Whether all have those kind of terms, I don't know. I've replaced a few laptop batteries from sources like these, though, and have always been satisfied. And, of course, they're a fraction of the price of manufacturer-branded ones (even if they almost certainly come from the same factory).

In answer to the original question: again, in my experience, there's no problem replacing a battery with a longer life one.

birdface 15:51 PM 08 Jun 11

Ian in Northampton

There has been a few posts in the last year not sure if it was with the same firm or not where the customers were not very happy as the battery's did not fit properly and had to be returned but not sure if they did receive replacements or got refunds,

And yes to the answer although they were using a .Co.Uk address they were actually based in China.

Not sure if it makes any difference but I would expect the company to be based in the Uk if they have a Uk e-mail address.

I will say that if this is actually a Uk company I have actually got my facts wrong.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know