Replacement All in One printer required

compumac 14:16 03 May 15

My HP 6520 now refuses to print black despite new cartridges being installed (twice), Scan and copy does not display black content.

I feel the time has come to reinvest in a new printer.

I am looking for a printer that provides duplex printing(double sided) as well as booklet (A5 booklet style,) scans, photo printing and wireless. I do not need fax facilities.

I would prefer HP as I have had them for many years.

Suggestions please, asap.

alanrwood 17:35 03 May 15

HP ePrint 6700 does what you want. I paid £65 on eBay for it new. I have used this for about a year so the model may have been updated

compumac 18:43 03 May 15

Update.

I have had many printers in the past and when the problem came up with this black cartridge I thought it might be the cartridge being dried out, this despite both black cartridges being brand new. When this has happened I have attempted to print out pages of black emboldened text to force the ink through. - this did not work on this occasion. Prior to purchasing this printer I had looked at various forums in respect of the particular printer model and found that the problem of the black cartridge was not uncommon.

I looked again today and found a response that involved putting the cartridge into a bowl of hot water with the jets submerged - the first attempt did not work but upon leaving a second time for about ten minutes - everything functioned. I now have back a fully functioning printer.

I just posted this as a note for anyone who may experience this difficulty in the future.

bumpkin 20:15 03 May 15

Another tip on this is to hold the cartridge with tongs into steam from a boiling kettle.

compumac 20:46 03 May 15

bumpkin

I seem to remember some 25 years ago doing that, but had totally forgotten it. I still find it hard to believe that two new cartridges could be affected this way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…