Replacement

grandad-Barry 12:43 PM 18 May 12
Answered

Hi can anybody tell me of a motherboard that will fit in my case to replace a motherboard that has died the old one is a (P61WF) Thanks

KRONOS the First 12:54 PM 18 May 12

To answer your question which to say the least is exceedingly sparse in detail is going to be tricky.

Is this your motherboard? Mobo. If so that is a Intel P 111 motherboard. Do you know what processor you have.By the way this is old.

There is one on eBay Mobo+CPU.

thms 15:07 PM 18 May 12

As the previous poster has said a bit more info is required. What kind of case is it going into and what size is the psu?

grandad-Barry 23:32 PM 18 May 12

Hi sorry for not giving enough information the mobo certainly looks identical to mine the case has got packard bell and intel caleron on it and it was running windows XP. Google tells me its a P61WF Motherboard + Intel Celeron 1.2GHz CPU. I was wanting to put a motherboard in that was capable of running windows 7 if it was possible but would that be to costly I suppose? Not sure of the psu but I suppose that would also have to be changed but any other information would be most helpful Thanks.

Forum Editor 23:47 PM 18 May 12

To be honest, you would be better off - if your budget allows - buying a new computer.

lotvic 23:50 PM 18 May 12
Answer

Lots of info on ClickHere upgrade motherboard Packard Bell and has chart

If it was me, I would be looking for a brand new computer as your PSU probably won't be powerful enough either and it'll be getting a bit worn out.

grandad-Barry 12:25 PM 19 May 12

Thanks to you all in the bin it goes

lotvic 13:17 PM 19 May 12

Keep the harddrive and any other useful bits that work, Floppy drive, CD drive, Ram memory etc. and cables.

or tell me where your bin is ;-)

KRONOS the First 14:58 PM 19 May 12

* Floppy drive* Useful???? The RAM will be virtually useless also, CD dive will be IDE, most,if not all optical drives these days are Sata.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 release date, price, features UK: Free upgrade available July 29 with 10 years of free…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay