Replaced screen-But then I'm askd for HDD password

richardkms 13:01 28 Dec 07

Hi,

I am not able to access my Toshiba Satillite after replacing a broken screen. At startup - just after it showing the Toshiba logo, the black screen asks for the HDD password. The manual mentions 'rtc' real time clock settings going back to default is the computer looses all power. Does that mean a password aswell? Due to the broken screen it hasn't been used for ages.
But I cannot access the bios etc even if that would help. I am totally without anything unless I enter the password!
Hopefully someone can help me?

Thanks

Richard.

johndrew 16:33 28 Dec 07

You may get some help here click here or click here or click here or click here but never having had to do it I`ve no idea if any work. You could also `speak` with Toshiba or look at their help pages click here=

Technotiger 16:48 28 Dec 07

You would probably be better contacting Toshiba Technical Support, from within this link ...

click here

richardkms 17:07 28 Dec 07

Thanks - spoke to their help desk and after they said ' you'd better look at the hard drive......'
I found that it had shattered!

Thank you for responding.

Richard

Technotiger 17:21 28 Dec 07

Hmm, sorry they couldn't give you better news - dare I say it .......... Happy New Year!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…