Replace Pictures on CD-R

User-178362 21:28 14 Aug 05

I have some pictures on my CD-R, which I would like to replace. I know I cannot delete from this CD but I can replace. Once I know how.

Satmansq 23:17 14 Aug 05

The space on a CD-R can only be recorded to once, replacing a pictur is not an option. You can put another picture onto the CD with the same name which will prompt an overwrite option. This would just make the original picture unreadable but it would still occupy space on the CD. To be able to re-use space on a CD you require a CD-RW.

mattyc_92 09:56 15 Aug 05

You can, but the disk MUST be a "Muiltisession" disk. In other words, it hasn't been "right-proof" protected (finialised).

You can overwrite files (and I have managed to delete some using Nero), but it does take up around 10megs per seesion. And obviously you need a CD-ReWriter/DVD-ReWritter drive.

Satmansq 11:16 15 Aug 05

Deleting the files will only mean that you can no longer read them but they will still occupy space on the disc if you are using CD-R, you will not regain the space or be able to use it again. click here

User-178362 11:38 15 Aug 05

I have read where you like us to say thank you. I do most of the time but I thought it might be wasting space, and not realy appieacated. As you can see my spelling isn't as good as it could be, is it possible to put a spell checker on this Forham and anything eles that I might need it on? Thank you.

wee eddie 14:15 15 Aug 05

Here you are - and it's free as well

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now