Replace Norton with AVG/ZA

tiscalitrev 12:34 08 Nov 06

Hi, As my second years subscription to NIS is about to end I am thinking of replacing it with AVG and ZA (both free versions)

Am I likely to encounter any probs when uninstalling NIS that might make installing the new ones difficult? System is Win 98SE.
Thanks.

VoG II 12:37 08 Nov 06
  Totally-braindead 12:47 08 Nov 06

The link to the Norton Removal tool that VoG™ has given you is all you need.
Download the removal tool, AVG Free and Zonealarm to the desktop or wherever you keep the downloads but do not install yet.
Come off line, and run the removal tool, restart the PC and install AVG and zone alarm.
That should be it really, just remember to check for updates

tiscalitrev 12:58 08 Nov 06

Thanks for very prompt replies. I take it that I do not have to use the add/remove programs from control panel then? just run the downloaded removal tool.Thanks,Trev.

birdface 13:27 08 Nov 06

Dont know for sure ,I usually delete it from add remove, Then use the tool,But then that is usually to get rid of the bits and pieces left behind.Might be better to wait for an answer from. Vog or Totally-braindead.

VoG II 13:29 08 Nov 06

I would use Add/Remove then run the tool, as buteman said.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…