replace motherboard button (touch pad)

jmh474 06 Apr 13

So just a quick question is it possible to replace the buttons on a motherboard? if so are there any videos or guides on how to do this? any help would be great, i have have thought about a USB mouse but this is for a customer, im a new business so as i said any help would be great thanks

rdave13 07 Apr 13

Not easy replacing connections on a mobo on a laptop. Whether it is possible I can't honestly say.

Buttons on a motherboard?

No such things.

Connections to the touchpad information should be available via the manufacturer's site. If they wish to publish.

I'd go for converting your customer to use a usb mouse.

onthelimit1 07 Apr 13

On some you can replace the touchpad, but on most it's part of the palm rest. Probably expensive even if available.

lotvic 07 Apr 13

jmh474, what are the symptoms that lead you to believe the touch pad is faulty/needs repairing?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message