replace hard drive on dell latitude x300

mcds01 11:48 28 Oct 04

can someone tell me how to do this? It seems I will have to completely open the laptop? Is the drive hard to get at?

Smegs 12:29 28 Oct 04

My wife has a Dell company Laptop, (sorry, I can't tell you what it is, as she's at work), the hard drive just pops out under the laptop it's self. There should be like a button you have to press/slide.

Sorry can't be more help. If you haven't sorted it by the time she gets home about 7pm, I will have a look at her's and just double check.

woodchip 12:52 28 Oct 04

And on my Medion you have to take two screws out on the side, about he width of a floppy drive

mcds01 13:55 28 Oct 04

the x300 is one of the ultra slim ones - the only screws on the back are for memory module access. The only other screws take the case apart.

dan 11 14:24 28 Oct 04

The dell latitude x300, striped down. click here

It may help you.

Smegs 21:59 28 Oct 04

Sorry, it's a Latitude C640.

The way to take the h/drive out of this, is turn it upside down, next to the floppy drive is another compartment, this is the h/drive. And theres a slide like button which slides to the right. This then releases the h/drive.

Manners, wouldn't go amiss.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…