Repeating viruses

wester john 12:50 23 Nov 04

I am being bombarded with the same virus almost every day - W32. Beagle.AV and another whose name I can't remember. They come from various address, some of which are part of old addresses that used to be in my address book, and quite a few from Eastern Europe. I use Eudora ( and Firefox) and Norton AV which deals with them. But they are a nuisance. Any suggestions please?

rawprawn 12:59 23 Nov 04

Tun system restore off, reboot then turn it back on. If that doesn't cure it scan while system restore is turned off.

rawprawn 13:01 23 Nov 04
  rawprawn 13:03 23 Nov 04

click here sorry about the link

wester john 13:34 23 Nov 04

I don't think my system is infected with the virus as Norton deletes the viruses as they come in. Should I still turn off system restore etc?

rawprawn 18:04 23 Nov 04

Yes,Turn it off reboot and turn it back on again. From your description I suspect that the virus is hiding within System restore. Otherwise if Norton had deleted it, it would stay deleted.

wester john 18:17 24 Nov 04

Thanks. On looking at my system restore link I found my system restore was already turned off and had probably been that way for a few weeks! However I have now turned it on again and today I haven't had any virus attacks. So it looks like it should be OK now. Thanks very much for the advice

rawprawn 18:29 24 Nov 04

Tick Resolved ?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017