Repeating email downloads

jonmac 14:44 08 May 09

A friend spent a couple of weeks in hospital and on her return found 57 emails waiting to be downloaded, which they did, or at least started to. She's on dial-up and some had large attachments so it was taking a long time and eventually after 3 hours the server disconnected. After she re-connected the download began again.... but at number one email again. This just keeps on happening so sshe's somewhat stuck. It's as if the emails are remaining on the server rather than being moved off during download.
Can anyone help a lady in distress?
She's using Windows Mail in Vista

Sea Urchin 15:03 08 May 09

She needs to go to the ISP website and look at the mails on there. As required they can be deleted so that they will not then be downloaded to Windows Mail - for example she can delete those that have already been downloaded.

jonmac 15:22 08 May 09

Thanks Sea Urchin, I'll give that a try and come back to you. It had occurred to me that there's a box in connections/advanced which leaves emails on the server if ticked so I journeyed the three miles back down there only to find it wasn't!

jonmac 22:44 12 May 09

Sea Urchin, your solution worked. Thanks.
Coincidentally the lady emailed her nephew in Outer Mongolia and he came up with the same advice! It's a small world isn't it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017