repeated request to enter network password

imonline 09:23 13 Feb 08

Hi. Can anyone help please? I'm being driven mad by a constantly repeated request appearing on my screen to Enter Network Password - (it's happened again as I write this!) It occurs every couple of minutes. Its the small window that contains my email server (duly completed) the user name (also completed) and the Password (which is completed and asterisked out)
It has an 'check box' option to save this password in the password list - but this makes no difference at all and the more you check that particular box, it just keeps coming back, once you click 'OK'. I have a 'Local Area Connection' which delivers broadband - and it's reported as being o.k. I work a lot through MS Outlook (which picks up 4 or so mail boxes routed to it). I'm running WinXP. I think it's something to do with this - but just can't be sure. I've been through every menu. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks.

robhawk 09:19 12 May 08

Did you get a reply to solve the problem please?

imonline 16:56 19 May 08

Hi.
No. Not a sausage.

Still got the problem.

Cheers.

Technotiger 17:00 19 May 08

but, perhaps your NET. Framework needs to be updated. If so, try Google.

Frankfurt 12:54 29 Jan 09

Same problem .. same story ... how do I fix this???

T0SH 14:13 29 Jan 09

You might turn off automatic checking for new mail as a first step and do it manually meantime

Next check with your e-mail provider help and support to see if they have ongoing mail server log on problems

Then check for the latest updates you have done and undo using add remove or system restore

Cheers HC

Switcher 15:03 29 Jan 09

Go to INTERNET PROPERTIES > Connections and make sure that "never dial a connection" is tickled

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…