repeat of e/mails

dave.m 14:11 26 Aug 03

when i recieve e/mail it repeats itself 7-8 times in my inbox i run windows xp have all the anti-virus installed any ideas

mdshamilton 14:24 26 Aug 03

Does this happen every single time you download emails or intermittently?

Hotmail and Yahoo are being affected with the Sobig virus which is slowing the email servers down. If your PC and the email server take too long to download emails, then sometimes the server doesn't recognise that you have downloaded your emails as it doesn't receive a "end" signal. Therefore your PC downloads the whole lot again...same thing sometimes happens if your dialing up and terminate the email download before its finished.

liujol 14:29 26 Aug 03

Hello. It is happening to me as well from my Hotmail account. Now, I can't even open it. I think the Sobig virus is affecting Yahoo and Hotmail servers. Thanks.

dave.m 09:54 27 Aug 03

I DONT USE YAHOO OR HOTMAIL SOMETIMES IT SENDS 2 COPIES THEN SOMETIMES 8 IVE DONE A COMPLETE SCAN NO VIRUS FOUND STILL MISTIFIED

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…