Repeat crashing even after Formatting/Reinstalling

poodz 19:05 14 Nov 03

System includes Windows XP Home - Celeron processor - Jetway Motherboard – 256 mb Ram – Nvidia graphics – CD Rom & CD RW Drives.

My computer has started crashing more and more frequently and the error report is always the same saying that the following two files would be included in the error report.

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini102703-01.dmp
C:\WINDOWS-\Grev\LOCALS-1\Temp\WER12tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Finally I gave up and fully FORMATTED my hard drive, REINSTALLED XP and expected that this must cure the crashing. It did for three days then exactly the same crashes occurred with the same reported files. No particular programme or activity seems to be responsible.

Does this mean a hardware fault? and if so which hardware?. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Grev.

VoG II 19:18 14 Nov 03

Some ideas click here

Falkyrn 21:54 14 Nov 03

The consensus in a number of forums is that it is the driver for the nvidia graphics card which has caused the problem. The solution used has been to revert to the basic windows XP driver for the card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…