Repartioning HDD, was Win NT, want FAT32

Newuser2162 20:42 03 Nov 03

I have a spare 2Gb HDD which I want to install as slave to copy wifes (teacher) files to as back up just in case. The HDD had windows NT on it & is partitioned with 1.5Gb & 500mb & I want to set it as one partition with Fat 32. What do I need please to do the partitioning.

Sgt. Pepper 20:49 03 Nov 03

If you use a certain software package such as partition magic, You will be able to partition the drive with your choice of file system.

woodchip 21:16 03 Nov 03

Download a Win98se Startup Floppy disc click here Put a clean Floppy in the drive and double click the download to create a startup floppy disc. Now start the computer and At A:\> type FDISK and press enter choose to have large disc support, then choose number 4 to see what partitions are on the drive, remove partitions leaving the primary partition while last to remove. when you have removed all restart computer as before and go through the above but choose to create a primary partition then make the partition active and shut down computer, "not restart" then restart computer and format the drive With the FORMAT C: command

Newuser2162 22:22 06 Nov 03

Many thanks for advice, I wil try that & see where I get too.

malarky 22:58 06 Nov 03

If you still can't get it to work using woodchips solution, try FDISK /MBR . It deletes the Master Boot Record.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…