Repairing Xp from Cd

hospeng 23:12 30 Jun 04

I have lost part of the registery therefore Xp home wont load, it wont even go into safe mode. I have followed the advice from several people, Blue-storm, Michelle C, on the forum following the instruction to install then repair but at the end the computer says it needs to reboot to complete the repair and when it does I'm back to the beginning again without the repair, system still defunct. Does anyone out there know where I'm going wrong or what is the next step?
Many thanks.

VoG II 23:17 30 Jun 04

Boot from the Windows XP CD.

Let the Setup go through the first part of the Installation procedure.

When you come to the screen in which it says "Welcome to Setup." press Enter to Setup Windows XP.

Press F8 to agree to the End User License.

Let the Setup search your system for previous versions of Windows.

When the Setup is finished searching your system, select your Windows XP Installation and press the R key on your keyboard to start the Repair Procedure.

Setup will delete all major system files and then replace them with new copies.

You will have to download all of the updates from Microsoft Windows Update again because it replaces the files.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…