Repairing windows xp home edition

MIKE 21:57 27 Oct 06

I have lost my audio control file(it appears to have been deleted) so I was thinking of using my windows cd to repair the windows os. I have been informed that it is better to reinstall windows as I am likely to get problems if I just repair it.
has anybody any experiance or advice in this matter? I'd be grateful for any comments

VoG II 22:02 27 Oct 06

Repair is fine and you ave been ill advised click here

Technotiger 22:36 27 Oct 06

Hi, I 'second' VoG's comment.

Cheers

woodchip 22:47 27 Oct 06

Why not just reload the sound drivers

woodchip 22:48 27 Oct 06

PS windows will not repair AUDIO if it's Sound Driver Problem

Strawballs 23:47 27 Oct 06

click here If you have IE7 read this first

johnnyrocker 00:00 28 Oct 06

what about system restore or am i reading the post wrong?

johnny.

MIKE 11:39 28 Oct 06

Thanks for yor comments Woodchip but I don't think it's a driver problem as I can get the sound using the mute and volume keys on the keyboard but have no visual means by way of my moniter so I think I will have to bite the bullet and try to repair it first.
Thanks also to Strawballs about the IE 7 info as I have it installed

MIKE 11:58 28 Oct 06

I only think I have Ie 7 Strawballs, do you know how I find out, I know it proberbly sounds daft but I can't seen to find out and can't remember if I have updated it ir not, many thanks for info

VoG II 12:01 28 Oct 06

Help > About Internet Explorer.

MIKE 12:38 28 Oct 06

sorry for being a thicko VoG but although I've found it in Explorer I still have no idea what version it is. I clicked on properties and it tells me nothing regarding what issue it is any idea how to find out, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…