Repairing Outlook Express?

jonmac 09:33 08 Dec 05

On a new Dell PC, I(we), can't get email to work in OE with my ISP, Surefish, although the email does work by going through their site. They now maintain that my copy of OE must be faulty. Is there a way of checking and repairing OE within Windows XP Home? Normal surfing is OK.

PaulB2005 09:34 08 Dec 05

What errors do you get?

Did it ever work?

jonmac 09:56 08 Dec 05

We mainly got the timeout when attempting to connect with the server, however after about 5 calls to Surefish during which accounts were created, deleted etc etc they came up with the faulty OE idea hence my question. is It possible to do an automatic repair to OE to eliminate that possibility. It's a friends PC by the way so not immediately available.

Wak 10:37 08 Dec 05

If you repair Internet Explorer it will also repair Outlook Express at the same time.
I would also suggest that you open Internet Explorer/ Internet Options/ Connections, tick the LAN SETTINGS button at the bottom and remove all ticks from the next page.
I had problems waiting for connections, etc until I removed the ticks on the page re PROXY.
You can always replace them if necessary.

wadjic 12:42 08 Dec 05

can you re-record a dvd you've copied on a stand alone Using various PC software or are stuck, with the recordings you made on the stand alone
or does it have a system of thier own.
yours wadji

PaulB2005 12:43 08 Dec 05

New thread please.

jonmac 06:05 09 Dec 05

Apologies for the long silence. Would you believe I had a problem with my own Broadband connection which wasn't resolved for many hours?
Wak - I'll check that this afternoon and see what happens.
But back to my original request, is there a procedure for repairing OE or checking it so I can go back to the ISP to continue the dialogue if it still doesn't work?

Wak 18:50 09 Dec 05

Hi Jonmac,

"But back to my original request, is there a procedure for repairing OE or checking it?"

As I mentioned earlier, repairing Internet Explorer DOES repair/control Outlook Express as confirmed by the fact that the size of the text when printing out an E-mail in Outlook Express is governed by how the text size is set in Internet Explorer (View/ Text size).

jonmac 19:04 09 Dec 05

So how does one repair IE?

GaT7 21:22 09 Dec 05

Repair IE/OE click here or click here. G

woodchip 21:25 09 Dec 05

You can try this for repair. Go to Search type in box IE.inf when it finds the file right click it and choose install

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…