Repair wireless connection, then screen goes blank

ktheed1 20:56 03 Feb 09

Hello,

Hope you can help me . . .

I have a D-Link DWL-G122 H/W Ver C1 Ver 3.10 Wireless USB adaptor.

Occasionally my wireless connection will drop out and then when I try to reconnect it will saying connecting then acquiring ip address and stays on that for ages and nothing will happen about 3 or 4 minutes later I get the message unable to connect to wireless network.

When I click on "Repair" it disables the wireless adaptor and then enables it and the screen on my PC goes black, there is still signal to the LCD though otherwise the blue light would flash and no signal would come up.

I have tried un-installing adaptor and reinstalling and this has not fixed the issue. The only way for me to get out of this mystery black screen is to press the reset button on the front of my machine.

I have set a fixed channel tonight instead of using Auto as a tech guy at work said to never use Auto Channel as its a nightmare.

I'm connecting to an 02 wireless II box and my signal never drops below very good.

Any ideas about my blank screen when clicking "Repair" please . . .

Thanks K

grey george 21:14 03 Feb 09

Are there any firmware updates available for your router and or adapter? a newer release may have been issued.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5