Repair scratched discs

collinsc 16:01 PM 28 Aug 11

Hi Has anyone come across a good way to repair lightly scratched discs? or is there another way to take the data from them?

Ive bought various cheapy gadgets before - which never work!

collinsc 16:01 PM 28 Aug 11

Nontek 16:09 PM 28 Aug 11

I use one of these - it is very good!

collinsc 17:00 PM 28 Aug 11

thanks - i tried that (thats what i was talking about when i said cheapy gadgets), i think it's rubbish! may as well run a damp cloth over them!

Nontek 17:26 PM 28 Aug 11

Rubbish? I found it to be very good on my discs. Perhaps your scratches are a bit to pronounced. Anyway, I am sorry it did not work for you.

collinsc 18:03 PM 28 Aug 11

ok, thanks for the suggestion anyhow.

mooly 18:27 PM 28 Aug 11

This stuff will bring out any depth of scratch if you use enough effort. I have used it many many times on discs belonging to others but it is hard work. If it's a small gouge in the disc then I use a cotton bud cit right down in a low voltage drill. Finish off with a duster and some spray polish... it won't harm the disc in the slightest and the disc will look pristine, no swirl marks or dullness.

mooly 18:27 PM 28 Aug 11
  collinsc 18:46 PM 28 Aug 11

thanks guys. i have now found that they work on my PS3! Can i copy them from there!? thanks

mooly 18:51 PM 28 Aug 11

Dunno is the honest answer lol

If it does play in a PS3 and not on your PC then it's marginal. If you haven't already doen so try giving it a good polish with a duster and spray on furniture polish (Mr Sheen type... that's suitable for all surfaces).

Nontek 18:54 PM 28 Aug 11

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…