repair of printer

funnybone 17:30 25 Mar 05

by accident I have snapped off the plastic front of the catridge holder on the printer. I lexmark 1150. Does anyone know how it can be replaced as I can't put a catridge in it securely now. thanks

jack 17:58 25 Mar 05

Without knowing the precise printer it is impossible to say.
Eleastic bands. sticky tape. a little bit of inovation from someting to wedge a cart in.

At the end of the day if the situation really affects the printers performance- then its down to a new printer,

Diemmess 18:15 25 Mar 05

If it is the gray or beige plastic case material which has broken, then you can almost certainly glue it with "Airfix" or "Humbrol" PVC cement.

Since the glue-sniffer fashion became a reality the Humbrol cement has been ruined with a different solvent.

I still have a bottle of Butanone or
methyl ethyl ketone, which is fine because it is a water like solvent applied to both surfaces with a fine paintbrush. If you buy it by order from a chemist it will cost a pound or two but last forever!

A few years ago I dropped a heavy manual on the back of my first colour printer and broke out the entire port connection! It welded nicely with this, and never thought about it again,

Diemmess 08:39 26 Mar 05

I meant HD polystyrene (I hope).... Most moulding seem to be of this material......... Old fashioned polystyrene cement will be entirely adequate. So will Butanone, but PVC cement is not for this purpose.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…