Repair damaged IE and Outlook in 98SE system ?

Diemmess 10:50 12 Sep 04

One son in my family seems to attract trouble when I try to help. He runs 98SE.

Simple things become difficult as yesterday when during installation of a new MF printer he ran out of disk space and my clearing of various "temp" files made the printer work, but scuppered BT Openworld (Yahoo) and all its upgrades - Anyway he cannot re-establish his connection because of some loop.

He seems to have tried to uninstall BT but failed.

I had hoped to download the BT disk for starters but see no sign of a download on the BT site.

I am likely to have the whole lot dumped on me in the next hour or two, but would like a "first things first", type of suggested help?

VoG II 10:53 12 Sep 04

Have you tried click here

Diemmess 11:06 12 Sep 04

Thank you VoG™

I've taken a brief glance at your link and it would seem to fit the problem exactly. (Just wish I knew what the problem is..............)
Anyway it gives me something to print off and think about before "Grumpy" arrives.

Obviously I can't check the BT angle until I have returned the box of tricks to its own domain, but I should be able to give him a sound system to work with.

He said that he had tried to remove the BT stuff from the computer and that may be the start of the problem.

Long term, or possibly this trip, I will help us both if I can reinstall the rest of the printer fun bundle on his drive D: which has lots of space.

Diemmess 14:57 12 Sep 04

Four hours later I've seen the problem and now have an idea where the trouble began.

Carried out the repair of Internet explorer, and little by little, BT Yahoo recovered.

I think trouble began the day before, when faced with a black screen and Windows Protection Error. Instead of rebooting I ran Scanreg Restore, and for some reason the only available backups were April dated! That obviously confused the BT thing because a lot of changes have taken plce since then.

I will post a different thread about default Scanreg (or not!)

See you there?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…