Reordering the Start/Programmes Menu in Windows 98

cafc1962 15:19 21 Jan 03
  cafc1962 15:19 21 Jan 03

I'm having trouble changing the order of programme names as they appear in the start menu. I read in the magazine that you can right click anywhere in the list and it will throw up a menu that will allow among other things re-ordering to list the programmes alphabetically. However when I right click nothing happens. Does anyone here have an idea of what I need to do, am I missing a file? Thanks for any help...

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:33 21 Jan 03

If you right click in the start menu the first one
that says windows 98 along side nothin will happen goto progams and when that opens right click on then and you should get a menu to rearange them.You need sort by name i think.

Regards

March Hare 15:42 21 Jan 03

Yesterday I learnt here how to put my Favourites in alphabetical order, and today the same with the programs menu!

Thanks  ÑÌÇKÑÂMË

What a forum!

woodchip 15:43 21 Jan 03

1/You can only do it in programs,when you have gone to programs you can right click anyware within the programs list then choose to sort. 2/ you can also left click and drag programs or folders to were you want them the first only works when you have IE5.5 or above

leo49 16:02 21 Jan 03

It's also a useful idea if you've got lots of programsto create program-type folders eg Audio/Visual,Graphics,Internet,Office,Hardware,System Tools,Info, etc so as easily select a program.

Of course you do have to remember under which category you've placed the shortcut!

Regards

woodchip 23:22 21 Jan 03

That's what I do, I just right click on start and press open to get to Program folders etc

VoG™ 23:25 21 Jan 03

You are absolutely right. I have a place for everything, and everything in it's place. It is remembering which place that causes problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now