renewing Norton

logrin 10:10 11 Jun 07

My present Norton security needs renewing in 5 days, however I am awaiting delivery of a new laptop. If I renew with Norton 270 now, am I able to transfer the program to my new computer when it arrives? Can I use the new program on both computers or should I opt for the more expensive 360 program, which can be loaded onto three computers. logrin

clock 10:19 11 Jun 07

Hi, Logrin,

When my Norton was up for renewal 2 years ago I changed to AVG free edition which is excellent. Try the Forum search for this and you will get a lot of positive information.

Could be just what you are looking for in the interim period before you get your new laptop?

Clock

keef66 10:46 11 Jun 07

I'd recommend one of the free antivirus products; AVG or Avast! Cheaper (duh!) than Norton and much less of a resource hog

birdface 14:31 11 Jun 07

There was a post on here last week when someone else bought a new laptop,But it had Vista on it,And they were told that Norton would not run on Vista,True or not I don't know,But worth finding out first,

skidzy 15:25 11 Jun 07

There is no need to buy any security suite nowadays for the home user.
Some advice for you click here

If the new lappy has been bought from Dell,there is a chance it may have Mcafee preinstalled.
Obviously im guessing where you bought this from and used Dell as an example.

If you decide to remove Norton from the other computer,make sure you use the removal tool click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…