Render creation failure

Armagin 17:41 20 Jun 03

I am suddenly unable to play 3D games as I keep getting a "Render Creation Failure". I have updated the display drivers, downloaded DirectX 9, and done various other clean up and upgrading tasks but these have not worked.
When I test the Direct 3D acceleration in dxdiag the error message is "Test failed at step 8 (creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error Code)" or "(Generic Failure)"
Whatever could it be????

spikeychris 18:02 20 Jun 03

Have you installed any remote desktop control software (PC anywhere, net meeting remote desktop sharing, SMS 2.0)?

spikeychris 18:26 20 Jun 03

Seems bizarre but if you have netmeeting installed try this >> start NetMeeting
- in the options menu, select remote desktop sharing
- follow the wizard through, as if you are installing it
- after it's started, go to the same option and disable remote desktop sharing.

Check to see if hardware acceleration is enabled, if not enable it. If this fails un-install DX9 then re-install (after you have completed the trick? above)

Chris

Megatyte 18:35 20 Jun 03

Direct X can't be un-installed. Having said that, I think that there is 3rd party software available which will remove it.

AH

spikeychris 18:42 20 Jun 03

Your right I forgot. However click here and use the tools. Theres also the option of just re-installing.

Chris

Armagin 02:01 23 Jun 03

The graphics drivers not signed reinstalled origonal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…