renaming jpeg's

rioboy 08:15 11 Feb 03

Like most people I have amassed a large number of digital photos. I have them organised in Camedia Suite (came with the camera). I need to transfer them to CD before I format the hard drive and because I have never given them titles there are different photos with the same number. Is there a program that will allow me to rename all the photos without having to click on each one individually?

€dstow 08:22 11 Feb 03

Just right click on the picture title and click on rename. Type the new name in the box and go on to the next one.

€d

rioboy 08:52 11 Feb 03

Thanx Edstow, I'm aware of that but with about a thousand photos I was wondering if there might be a quicker way! If not I know what I'll be doing today!!

grove34 08:53 11 Feb 03

click on edit then select all , when they are all highlighted right click on the 1st one and click RENAME ie:- "PHOTO" and press enter , when you have done this it will rename the pics "PHOTO , PHOTO 1 , PHOTO 2" etc

hope this helps

€dstow 08:57 11 Feb 03

I am surprised that your system will allow you to have two files with the same name however, have you thought about categorising your pictures into different folders? Something like "Holidays" and putting all your holiday pix in there, "Kids 1", "Kids 2" etc. You can highlight a number of pix together by holding down the control key and clicking the mouse then drag and drop the set of pix into you new folder(s).

Easier than renaming and will make future sorting easier as well.

€d

rioboy 09:02 11 Feb 03

Thanks Edstow and grove34,that has helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…