Renaming Files

PaulOwen 19:33 27 May 04

I have aload of music files which are named artist-title i.e Faithless-Insomnia is there any way I can change them so that they are title-artist i.e Insomnia-Faithless as a job lot rather than renaming them all individually so thet I can have the titles of songs in alphebetical order rather then artist? Thanks

Cook2 19:37 27 May 04

Right click on the song Icon and go down to rename.

PaulOwen 19:39 27 May 04

Thanks Cook2 but that wasn't what I asked!

Cook2 19:40 27 May 04

Sorry, I should have read ALL your thread.

I haven't yet found a way of renaming in a 'job lot'.

Diodorus Siculus 19:47 27 May 04

click here for Oscar's renamer.

It will be a two step job: first of all, use Oscar to remove the artist name which will leave just the title. Then use Oscar to put in the artist, but after the title. I hope that is clear...

johnsims 19:59 27 May 04

If all the files are in the format
[artist name] - [title] ie with a dash separating the name and the title in every case, you couldn't you do the job with a batch file from the command prompt? There was an article coveing this in PC World (The mag) in the last couple of months. In the hands on section, written by Tim Knott. You might find it by searching the PCW site.

PaulOwen 20:05 27 May 04

Thanks Diodorus Siculus I have downloaded Oscar but I don't know how to do it.

TomJerry 20:09 27 May 04

ckrename click here

bulkrename click here

PaulOwen 20:38 27 May 04

Thank you all for your help I have tried all your suggestions but I just don't know how they work! They all seem very complicated! I guess I will have to do them all one by one.

Tony uk 22:47 27 May 04

Try this paul you might find it helpful click here

Tony uk 22:50 27 May 04

Sorry wrong link try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…