Renaming Files

alythman 09:35 24 May 04

I have recently purchased a digital camera from Kodak, but the software won't install. I contacted Kodak who said, after giving them hardware details, that I would have to rename the file, MSISIP.DLL, to MSISIP.OLD If I do this by right-clicking, will that change the DLL part of the file to OLD, or do I need another program to carry out this function? Please help me out as I have not done this before. Thank you for your time.

johnnyrocker 09:39 24 May 04

you need to right click select re name and type it in the close and re try

johnny.

temp003 12:37 24 May 04

Which version of Windows do you use?

Not sure I understand you correctly, but does your computer show file extensions (i.e. the .dll part)?

If not, assuming you use ME, Windows 2000, or XP, in My Computer, click Tools, Folder Options, View tab, and untick "Hide file extensions for known file types", and click OK.

Then search for the file msisip.dll on your computer. Right click each of them, select rename, and change dll to old, and press Enter.

Then follow Kodak's instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…